Saturday 14 September 2013

Blood Lust Blood Lost : A Vampire Forsaken 1

I gotta admit, of all the Vampire Forsaken titles, this one actually had me sitting at the computer teary eyed as I finished writing it ... and I'm a tough broad! ... if you've read it you may understand what I mean by waterworks (I hope, or I haven't done my job as a writer very well).

It's the only historical of the series (update: bar the prequel, Blood Moon of the Incubus), and is set in 1892. I do love history and researching the tons of small details.

It does have what would have been one of the vampire worlds hottest couples, Agrippina and Blaise. Or menages, actually, considering the delicious and mysterious Marius. I had great fun writing this even if it did make me go all sob city at the end, goddammit!

It is totally standalone though, so there are no wicked cruel cliffhangers. If one slice of the chocolate cake keeps you going, you're set. HOWEVER, the characters, in one form or another, do continue through the successive titles in the A Vampire Forsaken series, so if you've fallen for Aggie, Blaise, Marius or are just plain curious about what happens next, keep going, because more wild stuff and Otherworldly and earthly characters are in store...

I'll key in the blurb here, lotsa lurve, X.

AN EROTIC VAMPIRE ROMANCE...

‘Time slowed as if the Gods had stopped an eternal clock, held their fingers, stilling, upon its mechanical, relentless hands … The silver cap had mutated, reformed, curled in sinuous silver claws about the blood filled glass claw itself, sealing it shut, tight. Secure.’

London, 1892

Blaise de Sevigny, 500 year old vampire, exists in decadent splendour in the Mayfair mansion he shares with his lover, the notorious, formidable Agrippina. Agrippina, known also as the Whore of Rome from her days as a slave in that city, milleniums before, and their friend and associate, the cool and enigmatic Marius.
All hell is about to break loose in the vampire world. A vampire druglord is determined to expand his empire and exploit all human weakness. The three have vowed to stop him. Before the battle is over human innocents will have been slaughtered, the trio will be torn apart, and nothing will be the same again within the vampire universe.

26,000 words


No comments :

Post a Comment